Published on January 10, 2017
AUSKICK DISTRICT MANAGER WANTED
An opportunity for an Auskick District Manager has opened up in the Eastern region. The role of the District Manager is to promote the benefits of children being involved in an introductory football program.
It includes being responsible for overseeing the proper coaching and administration conduct of NAB AFL Auskick programs within their allocated district and promoting the AFL and any associated sponsors in a positive manner.
An honorarium will be paid for the duration of the Auskick season.
Applications Close on February 24th, 2017.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
If you have any further questions on the role please contact Sean Buncle on 9762 5766.
Please see below for the brief overview of the role for further details.
Depending on the structure of an AFL Victoria football region duties may include some or all, but may not be limited to:
- Engage NAB AFL Auskick centre’s in best practices at Auskick, in clinic activities and set ups.
- Meet and liaise with NAB AFL Auskick coordinators throughout the season via visits, phone call or emails.
- Observe programs providing feedback to coordinators and the Regional Football Development Manager, ideally twice throughout the season or more if required, provide feedback on the centres coaching practices and centre set up
- Assist with Level 0 Orientation Coaching Course
- Communicate and relate coaching knowledge. Promote and encourage coaches to attend coach seminars
- Assist the NAB AFL Auskick Centers on how to structure their session planning, yearly programming/timetables
- Perform NAB AFL Auskick Centre Health Checks, including risk management assessment when required
- Assist centre’s with promotion, participant recruitment and retention
- Assist centre’s with coach and other volunteer roles recruitment retention and succession plans
- Assist with regional/local NAB AFL Auskick special events as required form your Regional Development Football Manager
- Assist in helping establish the set-up of new NAB AFL Auskick centers, where required
- Fostering linkages between NAB AFL Auskick centre’s, schools and junior clubs, community
- Developing new areas of engagement such as females in Auskick, AAA side by side programs or standalone AAA centre’s, engagement of multicultural and indigenous communities