The Final Quarter will screen on Channel 10 and WIN at 7.30pm on Thursday, July 18.
Featuring dual premiership Sydney Swan and Brownlow medallist Adam Goodes, it is hoped the film will start a national conversation on racism.
|A SNAPSHOT SO FAR:
- The Final Quarter premiered at the Sydney Film Festival in June to standing ovations and six sold out screenings
- On the eve of the premiere, the AFLPA’s Indigenous Advisory Board released a statement urging every Australian to commit to watching The Final Quarter, and the AFL issued an unreserved apology to Adam Goodes
- In July The Final Quarter team travelled to Perth, where the film screened four times at the Revelation Film Festival
- The Final Quarter team has received more than 1000 requests for screenings from sporting clubs, corporates and educators and are planning to facilitate these from September
- The Paul Kelly & Dan Sultan song, Every Day My Mother’s Voice, a tribute to Adam’s mother Lisa, has been viewed almost 100,000 times